Class of 2021 Baccalaureate
Sunday, May 2nd
SAGU Sheaffer Center
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Senior Slide Show
Email senior baby pictures in JPG format for the senior slide show to be presented before graduation.
Please note the senior's name. Email Chrisanna Melick with questions.
Submissions due by May 3 at 5 pm.
Wednesday, May 19th
Waxahachie High School
Join WHS for a parade to celebrate the Class of 2021! Seniors will drive-thru the parked cars and around the building. Show school spirit by decorating cars, making posters/signs, and wearing green. Seniors will stage at the Cowboy Church (2734 US Hwy Access Rd) and will be escorted to campus. Arrows indicate the route for the seniors.
All spectators will need to be in place by 6:15 pm as all campus entrances will close at that time. Please note the designated parking areas. The parade will start at 6:30 pm.
Note: No items (candy, confetti, etc.) may be thrown from vehicles.
In the event of rain, the parade will be canceled.
Friday, May 21st
Coleman Junior High Fine Arts Center and Lumpkins Stadium
- Seniors must arrive at the Coleman JH FAC at 8:30 am.
- Park in the back parking lot and enter through the back doors of the FAC.
- Seniors will have a complete run-through of the evening ceremony.
- Practice is mandatory for any senior that will be walking in the ceremony.
WHS Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony
Friday, May 21st
- Arrive at Coleman Junior High Fine Arts Center PROMPTLY at 6:00 pm.
- Park in the Coleman JH parking lot and enter through the back doors of the FAC.
- Check-in at the table and get a dress code check.
- Proceed to the FAC and find the seat with your name. Do NOT switch names on seats as this is the order of procession.
- Seniors will graduate in the following order: Top 10, Student Council, alphabetical.
- Seniors will be transported from Coleman to the stadium on school buses.
- Line up at the north end of the stadium and proceed to your seats at the designated time.
- At the conclusion of the fireworks show, seniors will exit the stadium in reverse alpha order to the south end of the stadium and out to the parking lot.
- Buses will NOT transport back to Coleman.
- Pictures will not be allowed on the field before or after graduation.
- Students must be in dress code. Any senior not in dress code will not be allowed to walk.
- Ladies, wear a dress that is no longer than the robe and dress shoes but no spike heels.
- Gentlemen, wear dress pants, dress shoes, a collared shirt, and preferably a tie.
- Students are NOT allowed to decorate graduation caps. Anyone with a decorated cap will not be allowed to walk.
- Masks are at student and parent discretion.
- Cell phones will be dark, silent, and out of sight for the entirety of the graduation ceremony.
- Jostens will be at Coleman with tassels for purchase for $10. Cash only. There will be very limited stock so first-come, first-served.
- Currently, there are no restrictions on the number of guests in attendance.
- Open seating at Lumpkins Stadium.
- No ticket required.
- Seating will be first-come, first-served.
If it is raining at 8 pm, the start time will be pushed back to 9 pm. If weather conditions are still poor at 9, we will look to begin the ceremony at 10 pm. If weather conditions have not improved by 10 pm on Friday evening, the ceremony will be rescheduled for Saturday at a time to be determined.